Transferring from Picasa to iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 MacBook Pro 13" i7 8GB 750GB
Hello, I just purchased a new MacBook Pro primarily to replace my old PC as a photography machine. I would like to find out how to transfer my images from Picasa for Windows to iPhoto on my Mac, including all of the editing I have done to the images.

I guess this is pretty easy to do, but I just wanted to ask so I don't screw it up and end up deleting my photo libraries! Thanks in advance, Jack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Personally, when I switched I went from the Windows version of Picasa to the Mac version of Picasa. I don't get on with iPhoto and Picasa auto syncs to my web storage.

With that out of the way....... what you do is save all edits you have in Picasa. There are a couple of ways of doing this. Select everything then export everything to folders. This saves everything with the edits but will duplicate you entire image library (although this gives you a tidy package to use as a basis for your iPhoto import).
The alternative is to select everything, save as an album then commit all album edits from the Album settings menu.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 MacBook Pro 13" i7 8GB 750GB
Thanks a ton, I'll take a look at Picasa for Mac now - it's great to have experienced Mac users like yourself to help newbies like me out :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.