Vpn

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the MAC World. I'm a network engineer and do a lot of work from home. We of course of a PC environment. How do I VPN into my network? Is there a built in vpn client? Also how to a check my mail through exchange? I have entorage and mail.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Internet Connect in /Applications has a basic VPN client.

Exchange 2000 or 2003? 2003 could be more of a pain. There is an option in Entourage for using Exchange accounts. Just use the wizard to set it up. Any questions, just ask the company admin.

S

SamG

I use the Cisco VPN to connect to work and then use a Citrix client on my 10.3.9 laptop. I seem to remember there was a problem with the Cisco VPN client when 10.4 first came out so I'm yet to install it successfully on my 10.4.4 iMac but assume that this has now been fixed.

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah the cisco client now works np.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

I found an update to VPN last night, I think it is version 4.8. Seems to have addressed whatever issue it was. When I had 4.6 on there I couldn't ping anything within our network, couldn't resolve.

Thanks for the quick responses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.