Fix Drive Permissions

Reaction score
I have a mac running OS 10.6.8 and when I plugged a flashdrive and external hard drive into it they worked fine, but when I unplugged them and put them into my Windows computer it says that they are write protected. I have Googled and tried to figure it out but I can't seem to get it so I can write on my Windows PC. The boot drive for my mac I found out is also a little bit messed up, when I checked it in Disk Utility it said that it needed to be repaired, so that might have messed up my drives. I can't repair it though, for some reason, but I have another mac that I can use.I had a sandisk ultra 32gb and external Seagate 500gb drive that are now write protected on my Windows computer, but readable and writeable on my mac. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Boot the machine with your snow leopard DVD in the drive. Hold option on boot, choose the DVD.

Open disk utility and run repair disk, then rap air permissions. Once done cancel out and reboot normally.

That's your Mac sorted.

Now for the externals. How are they formatted?

OP
D
Reaction score
The hard drive is either NTFS or Fat32, and the flash drive is Fat32. I have important data on the hard drive, but I can reformat the flash drive like there's no tommorow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
In windows what's the exact message you're getting? And does it happen on connection or just when you try and copy files to it?

Does the error persist after connecting, safety ejecting and reconnecting?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.