• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Apple User Interface

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Server 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz
Cool Apple Squeeze Metal Patent could turn your entire phone case into a giant user interface ...

Apple User Interface Patent

Now, to just figure out what to use it for besides one big power button ... could make the back of my phone a mobile DJ station. Do ya like scratchin'? ;-)

Reaction score
Cool Apple Squeeze Metal Patent could turn your entire phone case into a giant user interface ...

Apple User Interface Patent

Now, to just figure out what to use it for besides one big power button ... could make the back of my phone a mobile DJ station. Do ya like scratchin'? ;-)

Seems like old tech - I have been able to turn on and off my metal lamp just by touching it for years.

C

chas_m

Apple patents thousands of things that are never used in any products (for a variety of reasons). Just sayin'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.