Intuit Quicken for Mac OS X G5 (2006 model)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1.1,OS X10.6.8, Processor:2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon; Memory:7 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
I am a stupid novice at this game !
I signed up in Jan 29, 2010. Do I have to pay to ask a question ?
1) I never learned how to use MacForum, therefore, never used it in over 3 yeas..
2) I don't know what a thread is !
3) I don't know how to properly ask a question !
4) Is there a simple tutorial on how to use Mac Forum ?
5) Where do I go to get an answer/reply?
6) How do I respond back to someone, who gives a reply?
7) My question now is: I am a retired Mac user who's pushing 80 yrs old and have using Apple Computers since the 1980s.
Question: I would like to know which Intuit Quicken Program I should buy (Deluxe or Premier)? I've read not to long ago that Quicken for Mac was not good. I have a Power Mac G5 (Model 2006) operating system is OS X 10.8.6. I have not converted to OS X Lion/Mountain Lion yet. Mac spec: Mac Pro G5, Quad Core, 2.66 GHz, 7 GB Ram, 500 GB Hard Disk.
8) What is Trackback ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome again to the Mac Forums.

Your G5 machine can not run Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion. The latest version of OS X that it can run is Leopard 10.5.8. You can't be running 10.8.6 because there is no such version.

Also, the latest version of Quicken for the Mac will not run on your machine as it needs an Intel powered Mac to work. Your Mac is PPC powered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Are you absolutely sure this is in fact a G5? Your avatar mentions a Mac Pro 1.1 2.66GHz Dual Core which is an Intel machine and can run Snow Leopard OS X.6 and Lion OS X.7. A quick look at the front of the computer will tell if it is a G5 or Mac Pro. Mac Pros have dual optical drive doors.

If it is a Mac Pro running OS X.6.8 Quicken will be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.