Location Services and iAlertU

Reaction score
Just got a new iMac and was trying out some programs. I installed iAlertU and decided I didn't want it and deleted it with Appcleaner. Last night I noticed it was still listed in location services in the security section of System Preferences.

1. Why is it there and how can I delete it?
2. If I can't delete it is it harmful to let it remain there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Did iAlertU come with an installer package or did you just drag it into Applications to install it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Check you done all of these:
1. Delete iAlertU file
2. Delete
~/Library/Preferences/com.slappingturtle.iAlertU.plist
3. Delete ~/Library/Application Support/iAlertU
4. Delete ~/iAlertU_*.jpg (if any exist)
5. Remove iAlertU from the login items if needed.

OP
J
Reaction score
I made sure last night that these files were indeed gone. I just wonder how it can show up with no remaining files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That list shows apps that have permission. Even though you don't have it installed the permission remains. Just remove it.

OP
J
Reaction score
That list shows apps that have permission. Even though you don't have it installed the permission remains. Just remove it.

Uncheck it? I did that. I wanted to remove it from the list. So I guess it is not hurting anything?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.