Need advise on Internet Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Old MBP17 , bunch of old Macs.
Hi Guys, I'm not new. Had to create a new account because I've discontinued the email address and couldn't remember my PW.

Anyway, I need some help if you could. A month or so ago, I've done a business transaction with this dude started from email and chat. Now, every time I upload photos to my facebook account, his domain would show up on the description as if the photos are from him. I've had to edited them out. I've tried cleaning everything you can think of but unsuccessful. So I closed that facebook account and open a new one. The problem is still there. I am so annoyed. Some how, somewhere, this domain got in to my computer and attached itself to my photos when I upload them, that what it seems like. This is beyond my knowledge and ability.

Can you help? I want to be sure that it his doing and I want to fix this before I take any further steps necessary.

Thanks. Blu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you elaborate on what happened? Has this person had access to your machine? What was done?

When you say 'domain' can you give us a example? Screenshot? Link?

OP
blufeight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have since deleted it and haven't post anymore photos until I know what's going on.

I was buying a camera from this guy from Craiglist. Exchanged info through email in craglist account and chat through his phone number. I went and picked up the camera. I used his computer (Windows) to access my gmail account to show him some photos. After that day, when I upload photos to my facebook page, a domain name "HAVACART.COM" would automatically appeared on the description above the photos. I didn't know who or what this is. A couple of days later I called him for the extra batteries and asked him for his real email address for my contact, that when I found out it was his domain. Needless to say, I was pissed but not too sure it was his doing. So, I cleaned out, reset, deleted what so ever I don't need, closed the gmail account that I set up for craiglist, close my facebook account and reopen a new one. Low and behold, there it freaking is again! I have cleaned, reset everything that I know of. This is where I am at now.

Thanks.

OP
blufeight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is the screenshot. Just uploaded this photo.

Screen shot 2013-03-31 at 7.18.12 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
Could it be a setting on the camera? Does it show on pictures from another camera or card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That's a description field in the photo exif information.

Go through the camera settings and reset the camera to factory defaults or just change that setting.

You can also test this by getting another image, not from this camera and uploading. It won't have that description on.

OP
blufeight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank You guys. Found it. That's exactly what it was. The very last setting on the camera, way down at the bottom, the Copyright settings. The guy didn't erase it and it can't be formatted, has to manually delete one letter at a time. Now, I have to get busy on erasing the exif information on the 2000 something photos.

Noticed mrplow is in the UK. I'll be leaving West Palm Beach to London May 3rd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Hi blufeight.
Hope you enjoy London. If you can, visit Wales for a few days while you are in are in the UK.
I guarantee you will love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed. Beautiful part of the Isles.

I book the rain from May 3rd so you can get that full UK experience :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Hi blufeight.
Hope you enjoy London. If you can, visit Wales for a few days while you are in are in the UK.
I guarantee you will love it.

I second that - mountains, waterfalls, beaches.....and that's all within 30 minutes of my house :D

OP
blufeight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will definitely be planing to spend a day there. I've ordered a Gus Buster heavy duty umbrella for this trip. Taped up the camera, packed up some lenses. Been checking the weather, and they said some rain in May. Although, I'm trying to find out how cold does it get in May. I think I'm ready.

Is it possible to go early in the morning and come back to London at night, or better to stay over?

OP
blufeight
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can hardly wait for some cold beer and some fish & chips!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I will definitely be planing to spend a day there. I've ordered a Gus Buster heavy duty umbrella for this trip. Taped up the camera, packed up some lenses. Been checking the weather, and they said some rain in May. Although, I'm trying to find out how cold does it get in May. I think I'm ready.

Is it possible to go early in the morning and come back to London at night, or better to stay over?

definitely worth an overnight stay - about 3 hours drive from London

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
London to Cardiff is about 3 hours as nickyr said.
The best time to come would be a Friday or Saturday and definitely stay overnight or if you have time for a few days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.