How do I get rid of the 'Contacts' icon shown?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Sorry for being a 'newbie' to OS X (started w/ an Apple II+ in 1980) but now just 3-4th day w/ my new MBP and trying to learn the OS from online help, this forum, and a number of books - tonight I noticed a 'Contacts' icon in Dashboard on one of my screens (pic below) - I cannot move it off the screen or to the dock; clicking will not open it; moving it to another screen and closing that one makes it reappear on the screen next to Dashboard - SO, how did I get that icon there & how to I delete it - PROBABLY simple but just at the beginning of my learning curve - thanks for helping. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 8.46.09 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
That IS odd.. First.. That is "Mission Control" you are looking at... not "Dashboard".

My first bit of advice would be to log out, then back in or restart the OS, see if that helps.
If not... let us know, we'll move to the next step ;)

OP
RadDave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
That IS odd.. First.. That is "Mission Control" you are looking at... not "Dashboard".

My first bit of advice would be to log out, then back in or restart the OS, see if that helps.
If not... let us know, we'll move to the next step ;)

Hi RiDE - sorry, I knew that it was in Mission Control just was not clear in my description; BUT, I did log out and back it - the icon DISAPPEARED! I was about to just reboot, but simpler to do the logging procedure. Thanks for your help & a simple solution! Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Glad to help... Enjoy! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.