Would it be possible to make a iBook G3 clamshell dual boot windows 98\OS 9?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the SE 466mhz model and maxing out the ram. I want to use it to play old computer games I loved as a kid. Do you think this would be possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not possible. You need an Intel processor in order to dual boot any version of Windows or use virtual machine software to do the same. Your G3 uses a PPC processor.

OP
M
Reaction score
Would it work with a black MacBook from like 06/07 though? It has a broken screen which I can fix but if it won't dual boot os9 and windows 98 it's not really useful haha

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Depending upon the model and when it was made that could be right on the edge of the first Intel Macs released. Assuming this is not one of the PowerBook series which used PowerPC chips. Can you tell us anything about exactly which Mac this is?

The other problem will be that the earliest editions of Bootcamp, which is used for true dual booting, required Windows XP or higher. Windows 98 has never been supported under Bootcamp Boot Camp (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.