Why won't Safari stay on my Dock?

Reaction score
Every time I want to use Safari I have to find it in my "Finder" and open it. It appears on the dock during this process but when I log off it disappears from the dock. How do I get it to stay there? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open Safari. When it appears in the Dock, right click on it, select options, select "Keep in Dock".

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you! I guess the problem is more complicated than I first wrote --
So when I log in to Safari (After finding it in Spotlight) my browser opens but I cannot see the Dock or my top menu bar. I have to move my mouse to the top of my screen to find my top menu bar to log off of Safari in order to get back to my desktop and dock. Make sense?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're using Safari in full screen mode. Move your mouse cursor to the top of the screen. When you do, you'll see the top menu bar appear. Now look to the far upper right hand side of the screen and you should see two diagonal blue arrows facing away from each other. Click on those two arrows and Safari will return to normal screen mode. When it does, the Dock will also appear. Then follow directions that I gave you in my first reply.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It sounds like Safari had been put into fullscreen mode. The next time you launch Safari scroll up until you see the menu bar. Go to the View menu and see if there is an option that says "Exit Full Screen" If so, choose that.

Once that is done follow Chscag's directions above to put Safari back in the Dock.

Aced out again. Nice work buddy.

OP
C
Reaction score
Nice work indeed! Thank you both for your help! Something SO simple was making me crazy!!! You are appreciated!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.