macbook keeps freezing after start-up

Reaction score
i don't know if anyone else has had this problem before, i just got my macbook back from apple 2 weeks ago (i had it sent in because the logic board failed) but now no matter what i'm doing on the computer, i could just have it sitting there, about 5 minutes after i turn it on it will freeze and i have to hold the power button to turn it off and back on. i tried reseting the pram/nvram, holding the option key, the c key (which caused it to freeze on the gray screen) and the safe boot as well. some of these will extend how long the laptop lasts, but it will still freeze.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple warrants their repairs for 90 days. Take it on back to them and let them sort it out. Freezing during normal and safe boot may indicate a hardware problem, possibly with the memory modules. You could try removing the modules and re-seating them. However, it may be best to take it on back to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try a restore with the disks that came with the MacBook or the recovery drive and do a restore if that does not work then take it back to apple to get it sorted out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.