Location not available in Find My Friends since 4s replaced

Reaction score
Since my daughter had her iPhone (4s) replaced with a refurbished one that is now running OS6.1.3, I can no longer locate her using find my friends (2.0) on my iPad (5.1.1). I deleted and reinvited her as a friend and all of the relevant toggles are "on" in her phone. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Might be a dumb question, but did she "accept" the new invitation?

Have you tried the "Find My iPhone" app?

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, she did. More than likely with great reluctance. But, in order to locate her phone using the find my phone app, don't I need her password? She'll never give that up!
Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Perhaps try signing into the Find My Friends app with your Apple Id instead of hers. Once set up, she wouldn't be able to change anything without your password to get back into the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
In Settings > iCloud there is a Find My Phone toggle. Make sure it's turned on. Not sure if it affects Find My Friends though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yes, she did. More than likely with great reluctance. But, in order to locate her phone using the find my phone app, don't I need her password? She'll never give that up!
Thanks.

Find My Iphone app doesn't require HER password.. just yours... you don't even have to put the Find My iPhone App ON her phone.. Just set it up in settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.