Mountain Lion to Snow Leopard via Time Machine

Reaction score
I have two iMacs (one late 2011, one brand new) which I use for audio production - one running SL and one running ML (10.8.2). Im having so many annoying problems moving projects between the two I have decided I would like to take them both back to SL. The ML also always gives me a system overload message when using Logic Pro 9 - even though it is much more powerful and has an i5 to the older machines i3.

I currently have time machine running on the older SL iMac - is it just a matter of plugging my time machine drive into the newer machine and doing a restore to make this happen?

Or does this create problems?

Thanks in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Newer Mac will run a minimum OSX as what it was shipped with. You can not install anything older on that machine. So SL is not going to work on that new Mac. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.