My iMessages seems to be dodgy?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a really strange problem.
I have a 4th gen iPod Touch, with iOS 6.1.3

I have a friend whom I regularly message using iMessage, but lately, I haven't been able to receive any of her messages. However, she's able to receive my messages.
Strangely though, my iMessage works completely fine with other people, it just doesn't work with this one person. I know for a fact she isn't ignoring me cause I've seen the messages that should have been received by me on her phone.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Thank you in advance! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try turning iMessage off, restart the iPod, then turn iMessage back on and see if that helps.

OP
S
Reaction score
Try turning iMessage off, restart the iPod, then turn iMessage back on and see if that helps.

Thank you for the suggestion, however I don't think this worked. Would a full restore work? I've been contemplating on doing that, but I cannot be bothered of going through the hassle of sorting my music out again and again.

Is there a chance that my iPod touch is fine and that there is a problem with my friend's iPhone. She has a fairly old 3rd Gen iPhone if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd suggest it's her device that's at fault here, has she tried what rabbitjetta suggested?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have been having the same problem again with iMessage. Because I have an iPhone, I just turn iMessage off and use SMS for now until Apple gets it fixed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Guys, thank you for the suggestions.

Our iMessages seem to work fine now, it seemed like her device was at fault here. She tried rabbitjetta suggested, so I think that may have been the right thing to do.

Thank you again guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.