Help: Problem about Mail 6.2 on Macbook Air with OSX 10.8.2

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a new Macbook Air bought recently (Mar 2013) running OSX 10.8.2.

I have setup my MAIL (v. 6.2.) with 2 of my company email account, both using same MS Exchange servers, with different login name certainly....

The account was setup smoothly and can sync with the server...for a while.

But then from time to time, the mail in the INBOX will disappear, and MAIL will force to download the emails all over again. (The mail in other folders like SENT, DRAFT & JUNK!!, is fine).

For I have more than 10,000 emails on the server for one of the account, it takes an hour for the "refresh".
Don't mention it happens once every couple of days...

Is there any way to get rid of the disappearance of my mails from INBOX?

For more info, I have an iMac (2010 version, OSX 10.6.0), iPad 1st Generation & 1 iPhone 5 (updated iOS); which all checking the same mailboxes with same email account setting. They do not have such "refresh" action and is running smoothly.

I would also use my company network to download emails on the device above for most of the time. But the issue only happens on the MacBook Air.

May anyone have insight to the issue above is truly appreciated! Thanks a lot for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,

What you could try is using the Synchronize Account option in the menu> Mailbox drop down list.

This will do a number of things, for example checking the IMAP config and the folder/sub-folder structure in your account, whilst double checking each mail.

If that doesn't work then you could use the Rebuild option in the same menu list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.