Goofy COlors Printing In Preview App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hello!
I switched to Mac & OSX a few years ago, but finally have time to explore & enjoy. So, please pardon the fact that I've asked a lot of questions lately. There would be more, but searching this forum almost always provides the answers! Thank you all for that!

Here's today's conundrum:
If I print something with color form Preview.app, the colors are wonky. Blue is purple, red is orange and orange is yellow. I tried my printer's test function several times, getting perfect results each time.

I messed around assigning color profiles. This changes the image on the screen, but it still prints wrong. If I paste the image into Word, it prints perfectly.

Is there a trick or setting I am missing that wil cause Preview to print the colors as shown on the screen?

The printer is Brother MFC-J6710DW. There's nothing about this in their manuals or site.

This certainly is not a life-changing problem. It's more one along the lines of something I'd like to learn. (Probably because I'll never remember to use Word & not Preview, thus thinking my printer is messing up.)

Thanks Much!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.