external hard drive from Windows PC

Reaction score
I am brandnew to MAC. As my Windows PC's mother board failed, I removed the internal hard drive and put it inside an exclosure and made it an external hard drive. I need to access the files - music, photos, documents etc. in my macbook pro and move the files over into my Macbook.
When I connected my ext hard drive to an USB, message came back that it was not closed properly bla..bla.. I an unable to eject it properly and reconnect. It went on a few times.
Could someone help me.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you still have access to a Windows computer? Since the drive is likely formatted to NTFS, your Mac can not do disk or permissions repairs to it. If you can attach it to a Windows PC, run check disk (chkdsk.exe) on it and allow it to make repairs if necessary. Then try again.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion; I just now connected the ext drive to a windows PC and accessed the files; before that when I clicked on properties it said that the disk is working well; then I accessed some itunes folders and copied to an USB key. It is working now. So there should be some other problem. If you can, let me know something different which might be better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.