Samba/zeroconfig issue - 10.8.3 server

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini running 10.8.3 + Server. I also have a gaming computer with Windows 8.
I have smb file sharing enabled in the server app and it used to work great (I had it mapped to a drive in Windows), but since I reinstalled Windows 8 (keeping all settings, etc, a few things were reset in the process but it's basically the same), it won't show up (even attempting to manually connect to //MYSERVER/THEDISK doesn't work -I enter my server usr and pass). What's really wierd is that "Plex Media Server" shows up, Plex works, and remote connections to Transmission work fine. I can also connect to the server just fine thru Finder.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You might want to check the firewall. Go to Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall > check File & Printer Sharing.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, checked, it's enabled, along with Bonjour, both for Private and Public

Edit: seems to have been fixed, all I did was turn firewall off, check if the server was available (it was) and then turn it back on. I didn't even enable editing the other configs. Go figure. Let's just hope it stays that way

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.