iPhone Charger Help! Greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 charger was working fine just a few days ago, and as of yesterday, I'll plug it into a working outlet (my t.v.'s plugged into the same outlet) and attach it to my phone, and it doesn't charge. I even tried it on my iPod, and that still doesn't work. I've also tried switching outlets, still, my phone is receiving no juice. I don't really want to go out and by a new charger/adapter cube thingy, if I don't have to. Any help/suggestions? All help is greatly appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't see that you have any other choice. You can buy a third party charger for your iPhone most anywhere and not have to pay a fortune for it. I've seen them at Target, Best Buy, Staples, etc. Belkin has a nice one for around $29.95 or so.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Most of the time the problem is the cable - not the charger.
I buy those cables 4 at a time now - I have charging cables set up in 6 locations between home, the car and the office.
Would recommend you stay away from the $2-3 ones at Amazon. Those really don't last long.
Have had better luck with the ones that come in packaging than the ones without packaging.

OP
T
Reaction score
I don't see that you have any other choice. You can buy a third party charger for your iPhone most anywhere and not have to pay a fortune for it. I've seen them at Target, Best Buy, Staples, etc. Belkin has a nice one for around $29.95 or so.
Alright. I went out and just bought a new one. Not really what I wanted to do, but whatever. Thanks for the help anyway dude.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
If the device the cord and charger came with is still in warranty go to an apple store or call apple and they will send you a new cord or charging block. Stay away from the ones on amazon they dont last more then a month.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.