information on an eMac OS X

Reaction score
i have no internet, and i have gotten this eMac from a friend, and i dont know how to hook it to an internet cord to get internet.
or does it detect it in the surrounding area??
:|

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm glad that you started a new thread.:)

You asked an internet related question in the Mac-Forums "Introduction Thread"...and this is really a better place for it. The "Introduction Thread" is a great place to introduce yourself...but probably not the best place to ask questions.:)

You mentioned that you have an eMac. Can you tell us exactly what OS version you are running...and what model eMac it is (processor speed)?

- Nick

C

chas_m

How could you have possibly posted in this forum without an Internet connection? :)

The eMac has an Ethernet port, so one way of connecting it to the Internet would be to buy an Ethernet cord from the dollar store and connect the machine directly to your cable modem or (if you have one) router. You MAY need to power-cycle the modem before it will recognize the eMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.