US Holidays not showing in iCal

Reaction score
I have an older iMac running Lion 10.7.5 I have tried several different versions of US holiday calendars, and they never show up in iCal. I've added sports calendars, moon phase calendars without any problem, but although the US holiday calendars I download (or subscribe to) show up in my calendar list, the holidays don't appear on the calendar. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Is there a checkmark next to it in the list?

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes, the item is checked. I've tried restarting iCal, refreshing it, removing and rechecking the checkmark, tried a variety of 2013 calendar downloads. They all download and show up on the list correctly, but do not appear on the calendar:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Where are you downloading from? I'll try one, however I'm on Mt. Lion so YMMV.

OP
G
Reaction score
Where are you downloading from? I'll try one, however I'm on Mt. Lion so YMMV.
Hi again,
I've tried every us holiday calendar I could find. They all show up on the calendar list, but the holidays don't show on the calendar. Another bug has surfaced too. Since trying to add US calendars, I can no longer add events of any kind. The only way to put something in the calendar is to copy an existing event and modify it to be the new event. Feels to me that iCal got corrupted somehow by my attempting to add the US holiday calendar. My default calendar is "Home"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.