blocked plugin

Reaction score
Message appears that says blocked plug, flashplayer outdated. Downloaded latest flashplayer, but message still appears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
Did you download the flash player from adobe.com?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you quit the browser completely and reopen it? It has to restart for the newer version of the plugin to be loaded.

OP
L
Reaction score
I restarted it several times. I think something was downloaded that interfered with the way my OS 10.6.8 was working before, but I don't know what it was (so I don't know what to uninstall).

OP
L
Reaction score
Have no player

I restarted it several times. I think something was downloaded that interfered with the way my OS 10.6.8 was working before, but I don't know what it was (so I don't know what to uninstall).

Just discovered my player doesn't do Utube anymore since this problem started last week. I downloaded a flip4 player which didn't work, so I think I got rid of it.

Should I call Applecare even though I am not covered, but who else can help me get my computer right?

C

chas_m

It sounds very much to me like you downloaded the Flash update, but never INSTALLED it. If you could describe how you installed it, maybe that would reveal the issue.

Uninstalling Flip4Mac was a bad idea: redownload it and install it. It isn't going to fix the problem of outdated Flash, but it is incredibly useful for other videos in the WMV format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.