Move iTunes Library

Reaction score
I want to move my iTunes library from my Macbook to my iMac. I assume I simply need to copy the iTunes folder across. However, I want to make sure that when I sync my iPhone that I don't lose all of my contacts and notes etc off my phone because there are none of these data on my iMac. Any advice would be appreciated.

C

chas_m

I'm confused by this question but first ... how can your notes and contacts POSSIBLY not be synced to your MacBook?? They should be saved and synced in the exact same manner your iTunes are.

OP
M
Reaction score
Which way does it sync? From iPhone to iMac or vice-versa. Ie. I don't want the "nothing" on my iMac to replace the "something" on my iPhone. I want it to work the other way around. I recently attempted this with my iPad and lost all of my calendar entries...

C

chas_m

Everything on the iPhone syncs two-way with the Mac or iCloud, depending on which method you are using.

OP
M
Reaction score
I sync my iPhone with iTunes on my MacBook. A while ago I plugged my iPad into my MacBook (which I hadn't done for a long time) and synced it. Because there were no calendar items on the iPad, it wiped all of my calendar items off my MacBook which I discovered after I synced my iPhone and all of the calendar items had been deleted from there as well. If (say) a contact exists on my iPhone but not on my MacBook, syncing could either copy the item from iPhone to MacBook (ie. replicate the contents of the iPhone on the Macbook) OR it could delete the contact from my iPhone (ie. replicate the contents of the MacBook on the iPhone). How can I be sure that items aren't going to be deleted? Is there some way of ensuring this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.