Clock problem

S

snufkin

The clock on my computer doesn't keep the correct time anymore, it needs to be reset manually. Wich I've been doing for a while, but now it won't allow me to do that (usually I click server options, set time now) and will only let me set the time after I put the computer on sleep.

So what is the problem with my clock?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What kind of computer do you have and how old is it?

It maybe the internal battery gone out.

OP
S

snufkin

I have an iMac, not sure the exact model (it's not mine), he's had it for a few years. So getting a new battery fitted will be expensive I guess?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
nope. not usually more than $10-20. and should be pretty easy to install. use We Love Macs' Battery Wizard to determine which bettery youll need. you can find out which machine you have by opening Apple System Profiler under the Apple Menu (in OS (9)

OP
S

snufkin

MacAddikt said:
nope. not usually more than $10-20. and should be pretty easy to install. use We Love Macs' Battery Wizard to determine which bettery youll need. you can find out which machine you have by opening Apple System Profiler under the Apple Menu (in OS (9)
Ah right, I've updated my profile with my machine specs. And checked out the link, thanks for the help chaps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.