Will this OS be fine to install on my RMBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro with Retina Display: 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash
This concerns installing Windows 7 on my retina macbook pro.

I've had troubles finding solid information about installing Windows 7 on my computer - I plan on installing this: Newegg.ca - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

Will this work okay? The OEM edition is a lot cheaper, but I understand there's a few catches to using this version on my mac. I plan on buying it, and either installing it through a USB optical drive, or via BootCamp "create install disk".

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The OEM system builders 64 bit version of Windows 7 will work just fine to install on your rMBP. The difference in licensing is that it can not be moved to another machine nor will Microsoft provide any support for it.

Don't forget to read and comply with the Boot Camp assistant instructions, specifically, to download a driver image from Apple for Windows 7.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro with Retina Display: 2.6GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Flash
The OEM system builders 64 bit version of Windows 7 will work just fine to install on your rMBP. The difference in licensing is that it can not be moved to another machine nor will Microsoft provide any support for it.

Don't forget to read and comply with the Boot Camp assistant instructions, specifically, to download a driver image from Apple for Windows 7.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Will do!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.