External Monitor - No Devices Detected

Reaction score
I've just bought a refurbished Macbook that is running Mountain Lion. My 2 year old Macbook, running Snow Leopard has died and has to be returned under warranty. For the past three days, I've been solving several issues with the new OSX thanks to Mac-Forums community and also by myself.

However I am completely stumped with this. I've gone into preferences, display and on the LHS bottom AirPlay Mirroring the "NO DEVICES DETECTED" is greyed out. If I go to arrangement, click on Mirror Displays, the laptop monitor goes blue and the Dell 2407 shows up.... but the Dell monitor itself is still blank and the AirPlay Mirroring still has the "No Devices Detected" greyed out..

I'm using exactly the same connections as I did with the other laptop. As a photographer I really need the large monitor.

Appreciate any assistance... Thanks in advance (once more)

Karen

OP
C
Reaction score
Cancel my plea for help. Have it working thanks to my husband. He pulled out all the connections on the back, plugged back in and away it went :) I'm just not too technical. Cheers - Karen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.