can you access Camera Roll through Camera+?

Reaction score
I've searched around and can't seem to find a way.

I love the Camera+ app, but just wish I could save shots I take and access the Camera Roll from the app rather than having to open it separately.

Thanks

C

chas_m

You can both import and export shots to/from Camera+ to the Camera Roll.

To import pictures into Camera+: In the Lightbox, tap on Add Photos. Choose "[Device] Photo Library," and one of the options is Camera Roll.

To export to Camera Roll: Tap on any photo in the Lightbox, and there will be three options: Edit, Share and Save. The last one saves to the Camera Roll.

OP
J
Reaction score
You can both import and export shots to/from Camera+ to the Camera Roll.

To import pictures into Camera+: In the Lightbox, tap on Add Photos. Choose "[Device] Photo Library," and one of the options is Camera Roll.

To export to Camera Roll: Tap on any photo in the Lightbox, and there will be three options: Edit, Share and Save. The last one saves to the Camera Roll.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've found the import/export functionality...
I've also found where you can set Camera+ to save taken photos directly into the Camera Roll

What I can't find is a way to actually open Camera Roll from Camera+
I'm guessing this is not possible and the one thing lacking from the app. If anyone knows a way please let me know.

C

chas_m

I think what you are actually asking is how can you avoid the import step.

As far as I know, this can't be done in any third-party photo app. Only Apple's own iPhoto works directly with the Camera Roll as you describe. Luckily, it's terrific.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.