• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

one movie

Reaction score
any advise on how to create one continuos movie from many video clips would be much appreciated thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That depends upon what you need to do. If you will be adding transitions and other elements give iMovie a try.How To Combine Videos On Mac (iMovie)!!! - YouTube In this video the author "shares" the resulting video to an online account but any of the share options should work.

If you are not adding transitions or other serious editing give Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X a try. Open the program, select the videos to combine then drag them into the program window. Trim any unwanted footage and use export options to save the file.

OP
W
Reaction score
thanks for your suggestions will give these a try and see how i get on ( trimming any unwanted footage hhhmm theres an idea, just of to give that a go.) watch this space I may be back sooner than expected,thanks again my man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini: OSX 10.15.6 Catalina, 8GB Ram, Samsung Series 5 SC570 monitor, Seagate external drive.
I stitch multiple clips using Quicktime Pro. It's quite easy and you have various editing tools as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.