a Pixel Editor, have i got one ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi i have a PNG file that i want to use on my Rapidweaver website, it is a fairly basic social Icon that i found via Google, i have now got it on my Web site, but the corners have three white pixels each corner and it looks awful on top of the background i have.

I need a pretty basic Pixel Editor to delete these white pixels.

I have previewed the picture in Preview and iPhoto but i dont see that i can edit single pixels with these two bog standard Apps, what should i be using please ?.

Tim

facebook.png

facebook grey.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Ah, i thought i had cracked it, i found an OnLine editor called PixelMator with which, after a struggle i could change the colour of the Pixels on the corners, MY MISTAKE, i NEED to make the corners transparent, changing the colour wasnt the answer.

I could NOT work out how to do TRANSPARENT colours !!!

Tim

C

chas_m

1. Open the item in Pixelmator.
2. Using the magic wand tool, click on one of the white pixels, and while still holding the mouse button down drag out to select the other white pixels.
3. Press delete to delete the selected white pixels.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
1. Open the item in Pixelmator.
2. Using the magic wand tool, click on one of the white pixels, and while still holding the mouse button down drag out to select the other white pixels.
3. Press delete to delete the selected white pixels.

Wow thanks chas_m that is most helpful, i would never have known that without you telling me !, is that info in the documentation somewhere, i couldnt see it anywhere !.

Thanks again, your'e a star.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.