New battery for 15" MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
I just bought a new battery for my MacBook Pro, it's one from around 2008 with black keys and takes the long battery, Anyway I got one from the Apple store for $129 but just saw a bunch of new ones on ebay for around $40. Are they the same? They say Apple. What's the best battery for that computer? I ask because I'm traveling a lot this summer and want a few batteries for long plane flights. If I could grab 2 more for under a 100 bucks that be sweet.

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Generally speaking when it comes to batteries...you get what you pay for. Does the e-Bay battery actually say "Apple" on it...or does the e-Bay auction just says..."Apple/MacBook" compatible?

$40 for a replacement battery that actually says "Apple" on it (if it's a brand new battery)...doesn't make sense if Apple sells the exact same thing for $129.

Here's a place that sells replacement batteries for Apple laptop's...that seem to be a quality replacement:

FastMac | Product - Laptop Battery Upgrades

Many of the replacement battery's cost around $100...so you don't save a lot vs. an Apple battery. But "Fast Mac" claims that at least some of the battery's they sell have additional capacity.

Since you just got a brand new replacement Apple battery...maybe you could get a replacement battery from Fast Mac...and do a comparision test for us!:)

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.