Ipad does not support Adobe Flash Player?

Reaction score
I tried to upload games at King.com and a notice said "This device does not support Adobe Flash Player". What's the deal? Thanks for any help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Unfortunately, it's as it says - iOS (the operating system on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches) does not support Flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
[F]ortunately, it's as it says - iOS (the operating system on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches) does not support Flash.

Fixed. :)

Conniemc, believe it or not, this was a big to-do when the iPad first came out in 2010. Steve Jobs even posted a message on Apple's website regarding the matter because there was so much controversy surrounding the decision. Read the link for a better idea why Flash is not available on the iPad.

These days, the lack of Flash is not as big a deal, mostly because most of the web has moved on to using HTML 5 for video, and there are a wealth of games available on the App Store. Sorry to hear about your game not working though. You will probably want a traditional laptop if you want to keep playing it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iOS from the original iPhone days has never supported Flash from the get go. The iPad and iPod Touch tow the same line on Flash..

It can be an inconvenience with sites that only support Flash, but a lot of sites are also employing HTML5 as "J.Fo" said and with Adobe pulling the plug mobile Flash themselves, I imagine that the migration to HTML5 is going to speed up..

C

chas_m

So in other words, *mobile devices* no longer support Flash (or Java for that matter) and are none the worse for wear for it. Flash on Android was a miserable, poor-performing and battery-sucking, buggy hog -- which is why Adobe killed it off.

EDIT: My error, and it was an especially dumb one because I knew perfectly well that Android devices support Java (they have to, Android IS Java!). I should have said that iOS doesn't support Java, but I mixed it in with saying mobile devices (no longer) support Flash. Sorry.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So in other words, *mobile devices* no longer support Flash (or Java for that matter) and are none the worse for wear for it. Flash on Android was a miserable, poor-performing and battery-sucking, buggy hog -- which is why Adobe killed it off.

On the contrary, Java is used on many mobile devices as a language unto itself and is the primary language used to write Android applications. Unless, the world started turning in the opposite direction, I'm pretty sure Android based devices outnumber anything else out there..

Flash is a resource hog on all platforms, when put onto a battery-operated device, that just exasperates the situation shortens the battery life which runs counter to what the device should do generally..

Looks like Adobe hasn't been able to optimize the system for the mobile platform and is claiming defeat..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Depends on your perspective. I agree that it's an abysmal failure but a not insignificant portion of the web still uses it.

So in other words, *mobile devices* no longer support Flash (or Java for that matter) and are none the worse for wear for it.
Except of course for the 70% of smartphones that depend on Java (Android apps are developed in Java) and the 3 billion other mobile phones (source). ;)

Java, unlike Flash, is very far from dead anywhere (except for perhaps the desktop which makes up only a fraction of Java's base anyway).

OP
C
Reaction score
Adobe flash player on Ipad

Thank you everyone for the replies. As you have probably guessed, I am new to Ipad and have much to learn.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.