Unwanted e-mail

Reaction score
How do I block an unwanted e-mail? I'm just a self learned home user, & very limited on Comp. use. Thank You.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

If you use any of the online email services (Gmail, Yahoo, Oullook), they all have in-built SPAM filters to block e-mail.

If you are using your own domain/site for e-mail, ensure that the person you are hosting with is using SpamAssassin to deal with SPAM.

If you are using your ISP's e-mail service, then contact them to see what they do to deal with SPAM e-mails.

You ideally want to deal with SPAM right at the server before it ever comes into your mail client..

I like GMails ability to learn from SPAM emails..it catches 95% of the SPAM in my account and the few that get through, I can "Report" those e-mails and Google now learns how to block those as well..

With the fully trained system, I get maybe 1 or 2 SPAM e-mails a week..

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank You very much for your help, I will call my server to have it blocked, Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.