• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple adds in-app purchase warning to 'freemium' App Store titles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Apple adds 'Offers In-App Purchases' App Store warning to freemium apps | Technology | guardian.co.uk

The new tagline is currently only appearing in the desktop version of the App Store that sits within iTunes. For now, it's not shown in the iOS App Store app, nor does it appear on webpages for iOS apps.

Its showing up on on my iPad Mini in the App Store today, as well as my iPhone iOS 6.

More Reading 9to5 Mac

Now is this just a cop out or what?
These lawsuits to me seem that because of the laziness of the parents, they are trying to re-coup some cost of their kids playing games. Honestly, i see it a lot in Magazine/News Paper reviews, people screaming at Apple because they find they download the free Newspaper/Magazine App, then have to pay to actually read it.... It amazes me that people are this stupid !!!!
Since when have you gone to a news-agency and got the paper for free, or gone and walked out with a FREE copy of the latest RC Helicopter Magazine.... No never, thats what i thought.

The same goes for the In App Purchases for games. In the iPhone/iPad Apps there is a place down the bottom that has In App Purchase displayed. In iTunes, the In App Purchases and prices are there too, down the left side of the App Description.
So why do Apple have to justifie the stupidity of parents to 1, not look at the Apps they are buying for their 5yr old, and 2, when they do hand the iDevice to their little child, cant invoke the Restrictions in the Settings ??
I have all the Retrictions i want already sorted and all i do is turn the restrictions on when i hand over my iPhone or iPad to my son, or his mate when someone comes to play. That way no matter what, all they can do is play games, and not get in-App purchase, get online with Safari, not buy Apps, not delete Apps and so on.

I think we are getting too lazy for our own good, and NEED to blame someone for our stupidity !!

/Rant over/

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Brent, "One More Thing" beat you to it. :Cool: I merged yours in with his.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks Charlie.
I did look but obviously had a mans look ;)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.