Memory card problem

Reaction score
Hi, nice to be in the community.

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am new to using my iMac and seem to be having some problems when loading photos onto it, what happens (three times now) is I load my SDHC card from my camera into the Mac and download the photos. Once I have done this I put the card back into my camera and its says 'card full' but is also showing 'no images'

I tried emptying the card into the trash, but although it shows the card as empty, the info box shows it as full.

I currently have 2 x 4gb and 1 x 8gb cards I am unable to use.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or could my Mac be causing this.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When you import your photos afterwards you should get a pop up asking if you want to delete the photos on the card or you should be able to do it in the camera sometimes you have to use the format in the camera menu to fix a glitch in the card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
I always reformat my my cards after putting them back into the camera. Just make sure you have everything loaded onto your computer before your reformat the card.

Reaction score
Camera SDHC after photo download

Do you empty your trash Before you eject your memory card? Because if you don`t your card will have no images on it but could still read as so many Gb less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
+1 to formatting your cards everytime to refresh the file system

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.