Ibook Core Duo?

R

Roberto91

When is the IBook Core duo coming out? Will it be fairly powerful ?

I have a windows based Desktop and a IBook G4 12 inch rigth now. I love teh Ibook so mcuh I want to buy another Macintosh, CorE DUO of course and I was wondering....when will the CORE DUO Ibook be out, will it be powerful enoguh for a desktop replacment laptop?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
My guess is around June but I don't think they will go dual core for the iBook since they are trying to have the MacBook as the powerline and iBook as consumer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
why don't you just buy the macbook pro if you want desktop replacement.. its got a nice screen, its avaiable now, and it has more things then an ibook core duo would have.. plus i don't think they willl be realeasing an ibook core duo any time soon if at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Roberto91 said:
Any Lower End Dual Core Powerbooks being introduced any time soon?

Speculation at what will happen with the 12" models is wide, but if you want a 15", you'll have to choose between the current line-up. Apple doesn't like to have endless amounts of available choices, as it hurts maufacturing costs, and it males the "product tree", if you will, to large.

OP
R

Roberto91

does the 15.4 inch 1.67 model with 1 gig ( eventually 2 gigs of ram) have enough power for gaming and lots of multitasking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Roberto91 said:
Any Lower End Dual Core Powerbooks being introduced any time soon?
The PowerBooks are no longer being developed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.