Boot camp can't play downloaded games

Reaction score
I'm running Windows XP SP3 on a Macbook white (snow leopard), circa 2009, via boot camp. When I try to play a game that I have installed from a disc I have no problems. I've played Crysis, F.E.A.R, Oblivion etc. All without issue.

I recently purchased a download of System Shock 2 from GOG.com. I have no problems installing it, but when I try to start the game, I get an immediate error message saying that the application wasn't configured properly. It wasn't just System Shock 2 either. I received the same immediate error message when trying to play League of Legends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You're best raising the issue on the support pages for those games but the first thing to ensure is that your .net install and graphics driver is up to date.

You'll also want to make sure they are permitted through your firewall

C

chas_m

GOG.com specializes in really OLD games. You might be getting this error message because your system is set for more than 256 colours! Your best bet is to consult with GOG.com or their user forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.