Powerbook Speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
what I honestly think of the powerbook speakers if I could rate them on a scale up to 10 i would proably give them about 4-5.. they are not very loud, but I like the quality of them..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Wasn't there some online petition saying that the speakers had some issues and they sucked or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know, that would be the first time i am hearing about that, I honestly think they are good quality if you are by yourself listening to them in a quiet room, they are very clear, but if there is any other background noise in the room, they can be hard to hear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I never heard of the petition but it wouldn't surprise me since they have petitions for anything. I never had any problems with my 15" speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have no problem with mine. But then again, its a laptop. Pretty much all laptop speakers, regardless of make, model or manufacturer are all kind of tinny sounding and not that great.
When I am at home, I just plug in my Labtec subwoofer/speaker set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I once had a dell and those speakers on that laptop were very loud for a laptop... that was the only good thing about that stupid computer.. i eventually threw it off of my 32 foot high deck.. twice then threw it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB
My Girlfriend has an i-book and i have a powerbook, the powerbook speakers are much better, but both need to run at low volume to produce good clarity.
I work as a sound engineer so my professional opinion is use headphones or external speakers.
You can also try adjusting the pre-amp settings in i-tunes if the output is too high you will lose quality and it will distort.
A lot also depends on the quality of the original recordings, assigning seperate EQ settings to different tracks will help, the EQ for The Sex Pistols wont work with Tracy Chapmen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
lol, the EQ advice is the best I heard in awhile and it makes sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Guh... I realize with a laptop, you have some trade-off, but I would kill for a laptop with high-end sound...

Hmm... that gives me an idea... a laptop for Audiophiles...

OP
D

DigitalN.

to_tough_to_die said:
Guh... I realize with a laptop, you have some trade-off, but I would kill for a laptop with high-end sound...

Hmm... that gives me an idea... a laptop for Audiophiles...
a laptop for audiophiles would have no speakers, just headphones and a good soundcard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.