problem with disk utility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
my mac is acting up so I decided to do a disk utility check-up. whenever doing a repairing permissions for the hard drive I get an error that says
disk utility internal error: disk utility has lost its connection with the disk manafement tool and cannot continue. please quit and relaunch disk utility.
I've done this about a dozen times and keep getting the same error.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
do you have an external hard drive you can test disk utility on? maybe its not the program but the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Someone posted this yesterday - the exact same problem. The reply I left in the thread is HERE

I hope this helps :)

OP
Maul
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Kyomii said:
Someone posted this yesterday - the exact same problem. The reply I left in the thread is HERE

I hope this helps :)

Hey it worked!!! Many Thanks.
I've never had this problem before. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with all the podcast videos I've downloaded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
No, I don't think your iPod video casts have caused the problem - it seems to be a Panther and itunes 6.02 conflict with disk utility ;)

OP
Maul
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Kyomii said:
No, I don't think your iPod video casts have caused the problem - it seems to be a Panther and itunes 6.02 conflict with disk utility ;)

hmmm... it might be time to upgrade to tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.