recipe management

Reaction score
Hope one of you can give me some advice on a good recipe management software for my Mac. I have moved from a PC where I have used Living Cookbook for 8 years. They do not have a Mac software. So not only do I want to be able easily download/capture recipes from the web but I need to import about 1000 delicious recipes from my Living Cookbook software (.fdx).

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I have looked for reviews online but not too many there.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to more appropriate sub-forum.

- Nick

Reaction score
Was wondering how they did the whole paprika download myself. How do they get it in the wires?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
If you don't mind paying, Mac Recipe Software Review 2013 | Best Mac Recipe Organizer Software | Mac Cookbook Software - TopTenREVIEWS

Download Evernote for Mac - Create searchable notes and access them anywhere. MacUpdate.com is free to start with (it is more known for note taking but many use it for recipes) or you can go premium, but if you go to Evernote | Remember everything with Evernote, Skitch and our other great apps. they also now have Evernote Food.

I haven't tried either of them but have been thinking of trying it...

Good Luck!

Reaction score
I have been using Evernote for recipes and many other purposes for several months and have found its functionality to be almost unlimited for keeping track of notes, to-do items, and much more.

There is a great article here that explains a process for setting up an Evernote filing system by creating custom Notebooks and Tags. It was definitely worth the effort for me.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
+1 on Paprika

We have it on the Mac and on all of our IOS devices. Syncing is quick and easy between them, as is importing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.