Help!!!

N

nowherefast792

I have had my Ibook for about 7 or 8 months and the other day it was running really slow so i tried to restart it and now whenever I try to turn it on it says you need to restart your computer. I have no clue what to do, if anyone knows please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
did you restart the computer? what does the screen look like when it says to restart?

OP
N

nowherefast792

It starts to load then just comes up with the same message that says you need to restart your computer.

Reaction score
See if you can start you computer using your OS X cd, put the CD in the drive, then hold C while booting. If you can boot using that, click the Apple menu, then go to disk utility and check your HD.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That really sounds like a Kernal Panic. Try what mynameis suggested.

OP
N

nowherefast792

I tried it and nothing happened. It comes to the screen where it says Mac OSX and then it gets up to Waiting for Initialization and then the screen gets a little darker and comes up with that message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.