MBP 10.7.5 AWOL apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.7.5 - 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Hello

I have a MBP that seems to be "losing" applications. For instance I have just installed Drop Box 2.0 and everything seems to install as expected, except, I cannot see the application opening. When I look on the launchpad it can be seen there but when I double click on it, nothing happens. I probably am doing something really thick but do not know what to do next.

Also, perhaps related, when I make the apps "jiggle" by holding down one of them, several apps such as MS Word do not have the expected "X" or delete icon on them.

I would be most grateful for any help. I consider myself a newbie to the Apple world and have very little experience troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Rory,

Warrenton, Virginia.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Dropbox - look for the dropbox icon on the right side of the menu bar at the top of your screen.
Everything is done from there or the Dropbox folder in Finder or via loggin into your Dropbox account online.
There is no Dropbox "app" per se.
Have a read through the dropbox help file - link.

Not all apps can be deleted from your system through Launchpad.
Those will not have an x on them there.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is most helpful...thank you for the your time. How would I delete (uninstall) programs that do not present an "X" icon? I have downloaded a couple of programs that I have no use for.

Cheers.....

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very helpful thread indeed. I for one am very grateful for those like you who put so much time and patience into sharing their experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.