Macbook pro keyboard keypress issue

Reaction score
Hi there

I am trying to keep alive an old macbook pro. It is from the first ever line of MBPs - MBP 1,1. 15 inch.

The issue I have is with one of the keys on the keyboard. Sometimes I have a problem that some of my keys dont fully function - I might have to press the key several times before it works, while other times it will work fine. This will only ever affect a couple of keys at any one time. Previously to fix this I have had to remove the key and clean under it before replacing it and that was enough.

Currently though my 'o' key is giving me this problem. I have cleaned under it and replaced it but it makes no difference. To make the o work I have to push very hard on the key, in a way that makes typing quite difficult. I tried sticking a small piece of rubber to the underside of the key to try to add pressure on keypresses but it made no difference.

I have not tried to remove the clear rubber blob under the key as I am not sure how and what this would achieve.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

thanks loads

dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.