iphoto wont import videos/photos taken on camera or in USB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you elaborate on exactly what you do and any messages you see etc.

OP
B
Reaction score
iphoto wont import videos/photos taken on camera or in USB. the spinning wheel just keeps spinning

OP
B
Reaction score
i connect camera , the photos come up i click import then the coloured wheel just keeps spinning. After some time i go to force quit and Iphoto(not responding) comes up and i then force quit _ 9I cant quit from program). When i next go in to the iphoto program it tells me it needs repairs proceeds to do so and then continues to be unable to import when i try again. I have downloaded iphoto again but it is still doing this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Ok.

First things to try:
Backup your iPhoto library, if you don't already.
Open disk utility, select your Mac hard disk and Repair Permissions.
Restart your Mac, try again.
If it still fails, take 1 new photo and try and import just that image. Does it still fail?

OP
B
Reaction score
Tried the utility way. clicked on the repair permissions, restarted the computer, imported a single photo from my photo collection (not in iphoto library) and the same happened - little colour wheel spinning continuously, unable to quit from iphoto and had to go to force quit

C

chas_m

does "camera" have a name? How about your OS version, type of Mac, version of iPhoto etc etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.