Problem including X11 in XCode.

Reaction score
I am using XCode and a library called CImg which uses X11. When I run this program:
include "CImg.h"
using namespace cimg_library;
int main() {
CImg image("snail.bmp");
}

I get these errors:

Undefined symbols: "_XUnlockDisplay", referenced from:
"_XGetVisualInfo", referenced from: cimg_library::CImgDisplay::_assign(unsigned int, unsigned int, char const*, unsigned int, bool, bool)in main.o
"_XStoreColors", referenced from: cimg_library::CImgDisplay::_set_colormap(unsigned long&, unsigned int)in main.o
etc.

I think XCode doesn't know where my X11 is, and to be honest I'm not sure I've installed it correctly. I think it is supposed to be in opt/X11 but I don't see it.
Any idea of how to fix this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not sure what version of OS X you're using but if you're using Snow Leopard or newer, head over to the XQuartz project and install X11 from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm not sure what version of OS X you're using but if you're using Snow Leopard or newer, head over to the XQuartz project and install X11 from there.

I am using 10.5.8 and have installed XQuartz. I am still getting the same error though. I think it has to do with changing my command line tools in XCode. How do I do this?

Reaction score
What you need to do is install the X11 SDK, or Software Development Kit. Don't ask me where to get it, haven't messed with that in a LONG time.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.