Installing OS X Lion Updates

Reaction score
Hello,

I operate a MacBook Pro 15" w/retina display. I have received several OS X update notifications "App Updates AVailable" via the Apple App Store but have been unsuccessful in installing the updates.

When I click Update to install the software updates, I'm prompted to click "Restart"; upon clicking "Restart" a message box appears stating: "The Finder can't quit because some operations are still in progress".

"You can cancel or stop the operations and then try again"

I am stymied because I cannot determine which operations are "still in progress".

I appreciate any advise / suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Mission control will show you all the apps open so will a light blue orb under each icon and you can close each out by holding down on the icon till a menu pops up and click on quit.
Most apps can not be in play in order to be upgraded which is completely normal.
Note Finder stays open no need to try to close it since that option does not exist in the icon menu anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.