Best place to find good games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
I'm fairly new to the Apple Mac world so apologies if this is a dumb question.

What's the best place to buy good quality games. I'm particularly interested in Flight Simulation and 3D Snooker/Pool games.

Would the App Store be the best source?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The App Store works. You may also want to look into Steam which specializes in gaming.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Do have a particular preference in format:

- purchase & download type games?
- games on CD/DVD?
- etc.

* Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
^ I'd prefer to pay and download the game rather than get it on CD/DVD. I have a 2012 Mac mini so I have no DVD drive. Regardless of that, my preference is to pay online and download the game.

In general I prefer quality over quantity and tend to invest in just a few high quality games that can be enjoyed for a few years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Quality is going to get you XPlane 10, but you need a DVD drive as the demo is locked but gives you the feel of the Flight Sim, it's downloadable, but the full game is 8 DVD's (78GB) of the most beautiful scenery going. You don't have to load all 78GB worth but if you have the space it means you can fly from Sydney to New York uninterrupted :)
I love it and its the best Flight Sim you can buy.
As I said the Demo is downloadable and you can get it here. The next thing you need is controls and yes it can be done via the keyboard and there 90+ keyboard combinations, but I bought a $80 Joystick being the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and with a little App I found called Controller Mate, I can fly planes and more importantly for me Helicopters ��

So yea for flight sim's mate go the XPlane route. If you really are into Flight Sims you wouldn't give it a second glance.
I loved the Demo, bought online the next day and had it in my hands in 11 days after that. I live in Australia. If you are in the US then you be getting it sooner haha and by no way am I affiliated with XPlane 10 ;)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.