gcc and g++

F

fedesuarez

Hi, I just got a Powerbook so I'm a complete newbie on Mac world. I was Linux/Ubuntu i386 user before.

The problem I have now is that I'm running a framework called ROOT for data analysis (it also have a very usefull bunch of C++ classes). Everything goes right until I try try to compile any program. Of course, I did have gcc, g++, or make installed. So, after googling I found Fink and I did:

apt-get install gcc4
apt-get install make
but I couldn't make apt-get install g++ (that I can make with my linux dist.)

but gcc command doesn't appear yet....

I also get an strange messege from apt-get saying:

/usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1plus is not executable!

I don't know what that means, but what I know is that I can't compile anything yet, since each time I write gcc the bash tells me that the command doesn't exists. Of course, the same hapends to g++. The only thing working from all this is make.... but without g++ is completly useless.

How can I install gcc and g++ ?????????

Ok, hope you can help me. Thanks.

fede.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
use chmod on the file that isn't executable.

OP
F

fedesuarez

MacsWork said:
use chmod on the file that isn't executable.

It seems that you didn't understand the question... sorry, I may explained myself wrong.

Let's say, I open a terminal and I write:

d-h-145:~ fede$ gcc
-bash: gcc: command not found

d-h-145:~ fede$ g++
-bash: g++: command not found

So, of course, the same happens when I try to compile my macros with make, since it just run g++ commands.

How do I install gcc and g++ in mac???

Thanks, fede.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.