Snow leopard connection issue leopard server

Reaction score
I have recently set up a used leopard server on my home network. I've attempted to enable screen sharing with my snow leopard iMac. What is odd, is that the server shows up in SHARE in sidebar fine, but before I can log in as a registered user it tries to connect as guest. While doing that, the Share Screen button is in the menu bar, but clicking on it has no effect. After SL gives up trying to log in as guest I can then log in as a user but when I do the Share Screen button disappears. How can I get it to turn back on? I've got Screen Sharing set on both machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Perhaps the user you authenticate as does not have the ability to share the screen on the server. Therefore once you authenticate to a share, it knows you can't use screen share.

Since you cannot cannot to a network resource as two different accounts in on logon session this is most likely the reason.

Personally I think the side bar access to shares is generally slow. I use the CMD+K option in Finder to vnc://serverIP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.