Switching from G5 to Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
I currently have a Power PC G5, which is incompatible with the latest OS, so have decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to a Mac Book Pro.

I have some questions:
I currently connect to my main monitor (Formac) by means of a DVI connector, and a second monitor (Apple) by means of the ADC connector. The Apple monitor has pixel problems but is ok as a second monitor. I want to connect my new MacBook to the Formac primarily and the Apple monitor as a second monitor. I guess I could use the MacBook screen as second monitor but I like to have the two monitors side by side as I do alot of graphic work.

I want to use the MacBook as my hard drive but continue to use standard mac keyboard and mouse.

I also currently link up by USB to scanner & printer, and by Firewire to an external hard drive.

My primary question is - will my Formac monitor with DVI connector be suitable to use with the MacBook.
thanks to all who can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Yes that would work, but forget about the old mac monitor

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I 2nd louishen's advice.:) You shouldn't have any trouble using your Formac monitor with the MacBook Pro...but "ditch" the Apple monitor!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.