Sort Mail.app inbox by "Today", "This Week" etc like Entourage?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Today I switched from Entourage to Mail.app for some reason. Seems smaller and less of a resource hog. One thing; however, that I did like in Entourage, was the ability to have it split my inbox and show messages that are from Today, Yesterday, This week, last week, this month, and this year. I found it helped split it up by doing so. Does anyone know if theres a plug in or any way to make Mail.app do this too? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yup: (This requires Tiger's Mail.app 2 though)

Click on the little wheel icon at the bottom left side of Mail (below all your mailboxes) and select 'New smart Mailbox'.

Then select 'Date received' from the list of criteria and set it to 'is this week' (or whatever you prefer).

Click okay, and a new smart mailbox will be created with all mail that's arrived within the last week.

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply, but that's not quite what I mean. With Entourage I can be in my regular inbox. It will then have a dividing line that says "Today" then show a few messages under, then another blue dividing line saying "Yesterday" and shows messages under that. It's all one inbox, just split up. It's not that I want to see specific dates, I just found it handy splitting it up all in one view..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.